TO SCHEDULE AN EVENT
- Check with the office and ask for an open date. Your event will be posted on the calendar in the church office and website.
- If this is a fund-raising event, clear it with the Finance Committee.
- If your date is already taken, negotiate with the other group to work something out.
- Post the date of you event on the door of the fridge in the kitchen and on the kitchen door.
- Arrange for childcare, if necessary.
NOTIFY THE EVENT COORDINATOR (EC)
- Let the EC know the date, time and contact person for your event.
- Let the EC know if you have any special needs for your event.
- Discuss the need for childcare for your event.
- Discuss the need for arranging rides for people who do not drive at night or do not
drive at all.
ADVERTISE YOUR EVENT (see additional guidelines)
- In The Keys
- In the Sunday Bulletin
- Announcements at church
- Outside signage (e.g. Easter, VBS, Great Yard Sale)
- Newspapers (your group would pay for this)
NOTIFY OTHERS who use the church building and may be affected by your use of the building. Work with the church secretary to determine whom to notify.
- Cleaning crew
- Boy Scouts
- Friday evening worship
- The Great Yard Sale
SET UP FOR YOUR EVENT AND CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS
- Chairs and tables are stored in the closet in the Fireplace Room.
- Table cloths are stored in the metal filing cabinet in Fellowship Hall.
- Clean up after your event.
- Put the tables and chairs away.
- Wash the kitchen towels and table cloths at home.
and return them to the metal filing cabinet as soon as possible.
- LEAVE THE KITCHEN CLEAN and SPOTLESS.
- Reset the thermostats, if you changed the settings.
- Lock all church doors, as appropriate.