Affordable Housing Project
For almost 60 years, community service, including offering shelter to the homeless, has been central to St. Peter’s ministry. The opportunity to create affordable housing for 80 to 100 families is the next step in St. Peter’s legacy of community service.
We’ve been dreaming and visioning about affordable housing since 2010. In 2022, the Building Committee resumed working to prepare a path to affordable housing by advocating successfully for the City rezone, developing a conceptual plan for housing, and bringing on board Darel Grothaus as the project manager to guide the complex process.
2022 – Building Committee restarted
September 17, 2023 – After several Town Halls to discuss the project, the church voted overwhelmingly to support the affordable housing project.
The two-thirds majority vote authorized the Building Committee to solicit developer proposals for full-site development, select the best qualified developer, and negotiate a contract for administrative council and Conference approval.
Below is a conceptual plan for full-site development. Full site development is the most viable plan for several reasons. It will yield the most apartments, serve more people, and attract more developer interest.
- Full site development is the most viable plan. It will yield the most apartments, serve more people, and attract more developer interest.
- NOTE: This is a concept and will change based on developer’s interest.
- 80 – 100 apartments in 4 buildings.
- 84 parking spaces.
- New church could be on site.
- During construction, we will worship in another location, to be determined.